Re: compound time signature with split measure

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: compound time signature with split measure
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 21:16:43 +0200

Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:

[ Lilypond 2.8 ; Mac OS X ]

Hello, all!

What's the easiest way to engrave a compound time signature (CTS) like "2+3 / 4" and split the measure (i.e., with a dotted barline)?

Unfortunately, the example CTS hack outputs "2/4 + 3/4" (not what I want),

Well, then you have to figure out how to typeset the
time signature you want, using text markup.

and if I have to hack the measure split every time I have a measure with a CTS (e.g., by having two measures and manually managing the bar numbering), it might just drive me insane. =)

The bar numbering shouldn't be any problem, since if you
insert a \bar ":", it won't affect the bar numbering.
Just make sure to use \time 5/4.

If you want to insert a dotted bar line in a sequence of
10 bars, just use something like
<< \repeat unfold {s2 \bar ":" s2. }
 { the actual music ... }

  /Mats