Re: Weird slurs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Weird slurs
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 14:08:16 -0700

On 8-Apr-06, at 7:30 AM, Tomas Valusek wrote:

%Begin code
\version 2.8.1
\relative c
{
\clef bass
\key c \major
\time 4/4

c8( d' a d c, d' a d)
c,( des' as des c, des' as des)
}
%End code

How to fix this? I'm absolute beginner in LilyPond and this is a small snippet of my first transcription.

It looks like the second slur is avoiding the flat sign on the des. You could try adding a key signature that includes a D-flat? :)

On a serious note, this is a tricky thing to fix. Take a look at section 6.4.2 Slurs. At the bottom of that page, there's a "See also: Program reference: Slur". Follow that link, and you'll see some advanced settings for slurs. Changing some of those numbers can produce vastly different slurs, but I don't know which ones you want.

Read chapter 10 to find out how to change these numbers.

Cheers,
- Graham