Re: removing first system with partial bar

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: removing first system with partial bar
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 19:55:11 -0700

On 8-Apr-06, at 6:56 PM, Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:

Just wondering how I can remove "empty" staves of the first system of a score when the first measure is a \partial.

Because I can't use R to fill the partial bar (Lilypond makes me use r explicitly, or complains about ), the measure is not really "empty", and thus the traditional method doesn't eliminate the staff.

Really?  This works (although it gives a warning) for me:

\version "2.8.1"
\layout {
\context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
}
{
<<
  { \partial 4 c'4 c'1 \break c'1 }
  {
    \override Score.VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
    R4 R1 a4 a a a }