Re: special characters in lyricmode

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: special characters in lyricmode
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 20:26:59 +0200

Hello list, hello David,

You wrote:
> Have you looked at the Vim ^k command ?  (help i_^k)
> That lets you enter a lot of things as two-letter combos.  (try, for
> example, ^ka: when you're in insert mode).

I've had no time the last days for that, but now. :-)

Knowing a lot of vi, I can't understand many things, and just this too
... (also because of the English documentation).

So, if I do, as You proposed, I get
    รก
what looks like an a with an accent sharp (correct word?),
but only after pressing blanc after ^ka.

If I do ^k with <Enter> and blanc, then comes
    ~M
what looks like a tilde with M (~M), but blue on my screen and it is
only ONE character.

Are these utf8 characters?

Then it would be a further possibility, but for the concerning problem,
the solution I posted is more easy, because I've not so much to type in.
:-)

Nevertheless, thank You for Your answer!

Best Regards           Roland