Re: can't find voice (to attach \lyricsto)

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: can't find voice (to attach \lyricsto)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:17:05 -0700 (PDT)

I think you need to specify a \staff around the music parts, then specify the
\lyrics below the closing bracket of each staff.  Here is what I am doing
and the \lyricsto is working fine for me:  (I'm using 3 part polyphony
voices on a single staff, but in your case you should be able to put lyrics
below each separate staff that has a named voice.)  Note in the example
below anything that begis with "\var" are my own variables that are set up
by a separate song-specific .ly \include file.

\score {

        <<

        \new Staff \with {
                voltaOnThisStaff = ##f
        }
        {
                \clef "G_8"
                \mark \markup{ \hspace #0 \raise #1.5 \varStyle }
                \varKey
                \varTime

                <<
                \new Voice="voiceMelody" { \voiceOne \varVoiceMelody
\oneVoice } \\
                \new Voice="voiceInner"
                        {\voiceThree \stemNeutral \varVoiceInner \oneVoice }
\\
                \new Voice="voiceBass"
                        { \voiceTwo \varVoiceBass \oneVoice }

                \oneVoice