Re: Helping with the documentation

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: Helping with the documentation
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 10:39:44 -0400

> this is not much of a problem because a zip file is as easy to generate
> as a tarball. but just for the record, if windows users want to be able
> to extract files in tarballs and other formats as well they can use the
> free program 7-zip:
>
> http://www.7-zip.org/

I know. I use it. But is Joe Average who just wants to get some music
set going to have it? Perhaps if the choice is to stick with tarballs,
a link should be placed on the page to the 7-zip site (or some other
appropriate site). But I am rather opposed (not that I have any say in
the matter) to making people download extra programs, no matter how
useful.

Geoff