Re: Replys

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Replys
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:06:07 +0200

andrea valle <address@hidden> writes:

> Obviously Tomas is not asking about his keyboard bindings.  He means
> that when he uses normal  reply function he replies to the list member
> and not to the list. Well, I don't like it very much too as I want to
> keep the thread on the list and not to reply in some sense
> "privately". This mail is an example: why should I reply to you
> directly with the list on CC? I don't know if it's a question of
> setting my mail reader but  it is is not what typically happens in all
> the other mailing list I'm subscribed to.
> Oh well, I agree, it's not that dramatic, only a bit boring.

hm, how to say that, my answer was not about keyboard bindings either.
My point was about user behaviour problem.

BTW, it's useful to reply to all senders and recipients, because a) you
MUA may highlight a message that is addressed to you namely, which is
nice in a high traffic ML, b) when the mailing list is slow, you get the
answer faster.