Tie-Script collisions

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Tie-Script collisions
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:36:53 -0400

%% CODE BEGINS
\version "2.8.1"
{ a4\tenuto~ a }
%% CODE ENDS

%% SCREENSHOT: DEFAULT OUTPUT (PNG)

PNG image

Hello, all!

Shouldn't Ties behave like Slurs when it comes to Script collisions/ avoidance?

In any case, I'm wondering how to move the beginning of the Tie to the right a few notches. I know about the Tie.control-points property, but it seems like that needs to be applied on a per-Tie basis, i.e., I don't know of a way to design a \tieScriptAdjust which would simply move the beginning of *any* Tie to the right a small amount, without knowing ahead of time the rest of the control-point values. [And I don't want to make my Tie a Slur and use #'positions, because I don't consider that a sufficiently "clean" workaround...]

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieren.