Re: Replys

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Replys
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:34:29 -0700

Tomas Valusek wrote:
Hello,

Thunderbird doesn't include a "Reply to list" command, and since all the messages having in "TO:" or "Cc:" fields a string "lilypond" are automatically put into appropriate folder, it would be nice if lilypond lists followed the practice of other mailing lists, where "Reply" replies to the list and "Reply to all" includes also an author of original message. I'm tired of constant checking if my reply really goes to lilypond list, and since all other lists follow the practice mentioned above, there's no reason for me to change my habits.

But I like LilyPond much and I'd like to use it, so I'd like to monitor its mailing lists regularly, but the reply behavior of this list sucks.
I use Thunderbird and have no problem doing "Reply To All" or ctrl-shift-R (I even go one step further if I know the recipient is subscribed and remove them from the recipients list.)

I believe the "Reply to List" feature now exists for Thunderbird and will be available when some other problems are fixed.

Paul Scott