Re: Chordmode Needs Work

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Chordmode Needs Work
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:54:56 -0700

S L Raymond wrote:
I'm still frustrated with chord name entry.  Since I upgraded to 2.6, I
lost the ability to place a 7#9 chord in a lead sheet.  This is a common
chord in jazz!  What's the solution?

I checked the regression tests page, and there's no mention of that
specific chord type.
I was a loyal Lilypond user, primarily because its compatibility with
LaTeX greatly facilitates the production of compilations of annotated
music, and music textbooks and articles.  But if I continue having these
difficulties with chord entry, I may have to begin printing all my lead
sheets with Sibelius.  Why can't Lilypond have the same intuitive chord
markup language utilized by Sibelius?  Is there a good reason I can't
simply type "C:7#9"?
How about "c:7.9+" or "c:9+' ? They both work in 2.9 and probably work in 2.8.
They do both give C7/#9  Is the slash a problem?

Paul Scott