Re: Chordmode Needs Work

From: Dave K.
Subject: Re: Chordmode Needs Work
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 05:12:26 -0400

I think others have pointed out that slashes should ONLY used to
indicate bass notes. However, the Lilypond chord scheme ignores this
(as well as using a chord notation system that is completely
unfamiliar to most modern jazz instrumentalists).

I think many people find it frustrating that it's impossible to use
Lilypond to typeset lead sheets without specifying a huge list of
exceptions each time.

I don't know where Lilypond got its chord notation from; it looks
nothing like any system I've seen in any real book.