is measure spacing off in 2.8.1?

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: is measure spacing off in 2.8.1?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:54:33 -0400

Hello, all --

I've been using 2.8.1 for a while now, and it really seems to me that the spacing of measures is non-optimal.

In particular, padding before "extras" on the first note of any measure seems way off. Recently, I've posted about this issue regarding accidentals. Here is a screenshot of an arpeggio (in its default position) which clearly does not have enough room to breathe:

PNG image

Once again, if there is a global setting I can use to give such measures -- which is nearly every one in my score(s) -- a little more padding around the BarLine, I'd appreciate being directed to it. [The best I got by RTM is BarLine.space-alist, and my trial-and-error experiments with that have been frustrating at best...]

Thanks,
Kieren.