Re: using oneVoice vs force-hshift in polyphany and alternatives

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: using oneVoice vs force-hshift in polyphany and alternatives
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:26:45 +0200

Stephen wrote:

Answering my own question, I believe that \oneVoice does three things:

\revert Stem #'direction
\revert NoteColumn #'horizontal-shift
\revert MultiMeasureRest #'staff-position

Because that is what make-voice-props-revert seems to do in music-functions.scm I previously investigated how oneVoice is defined in property-init.ly but failed at first to investigate further.

Stephen

Not exactly! In addition to the two last lines you wrote, it
reverts the direction property of all the following objects:
Stem Tie Rest Slur PhrasingSlur Script TextScript Dots DotColumn Fingering

If you for example only want to revert the effect corresponding
to \stemDown or \stemUp, you could use \stemNeutral, which
is shorthand for
\revert Stem #'direction

  /Mats