Re: What to use to edit output after the fact?

From: lilypond_user
Subject: Re: What to use to edit output after the fact?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:03:50 -0700

Previously:
>For those who are having trouble getting Lilypond files to work with
>Illustrator or other graphics programs, I would be curious to know if the
>following works as I just tried it on my system and the file opens fine.
>Using ghost script use the following command:
>
>gs -dSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=epswrite -sOutputFile=foo.eps foo.ps

I downloaded and compiled ghostscript on my Mac (OS X 10.3.9), and that command
works.  Also, someone mentioned "ps2ps" which is a script which does almost
exactly the same thing as this command.  (The difference being "pswrite"
instead of "epswrite".)

Interesting that the converted files are typically a tenth of the size of the
originals!  Also, the "Music engraving by Lilypond..." quote is removed from
the converted file...

Doug