Re: Stem lengths in 2.8.1

From: Stan Mulder
Subject: Re: Stem lengths in 2.8.1
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:49:31 -0400

Thanks Mats. Below is what I ended up with. It's a simple ly file that generates headless stems for rhythmic studies. Students take a known song and fill in the noteheads to help learn rhythm, especially syncopation. I've made a few more like this dealing with sixteenth notes and triplets. This one is for eighth notes and works for swing rhythms as well. I like the beam a bit higher as it helps to differentiate the beam from the staff.

\version "2.8.1"

#(set-global-staff-size 24)
up = \drummode {
   \time 2/2
   \override Beam #'thickness = #0.55
   \override SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment = #1.20
   \override NoteHead     #'transparent = ##t
   \override Stem #'details #'beamed-lengths = #'(5 6 7)
   \repeat unfold 352 sn8
}
down = \drummode {
   \repeat unfold 176 bd4