Re: Score identifier not working in book block

From: Michael Brennan
Subject: Re: Score identifier not working in book block
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:33:03 +0200

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Also, if you only have a single \book block in your
file, you can just as well remove it, since LilyPond
will implicitly add a \book{...} around each input
file if it isn't there explicitly.
The only reason to use \book is if you want several output
PDF files from one and the same .ly file, since each \book
block will correspond to one output file.

  /Mats

I see, thank you! I didn't know that.
Graham Percival wrote:
Why did you want the \score in the identifier, anyway? If you have many scores and want to save typing/space, you could do

\book{
  \score { { \mymusicOne } }
  \score { { \mymusicTwo } }
...etc
}

I'm making a document containing trumpet fanfares and signals, and I thought I might do something like this.
For each fanfare I write:

FanfareOneMelody = { ... }
FanfareOneTitle = "Text"
FanfareOneScore = {
 \FanfareOneMelody
 \header { piece = \FanfareOneTitle }
}

And then I'll just put a identifier for each score

\FanfareOneScore
\FanfareTwoScore

But the way you pointed out works, so I'll stick with that instead, i.e

\score { \FanfareOneMelody \header { piece = \FanfareOneTitle } }

/Michael