RE: Example of two-pass vertical spacing tweaking

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: RE: Example of two-pass vertical spacing tweaking
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:52:39 +1000

Hi Nicolas and Lilypond-Users,

Thanks for the example of two-pass vertical spacing tweak. I've started to
put together Handel's Agrippina and thought that this would improve the
layout of the score.

I've managed to use the example as is and this works although it does crash
lilypond not before the PDF file is written so everything is fine there. But
when I try to adapt this for a larger series of scores if fails with a
'Stack Overflow Error'. I've tested this on Lilypond 2.9.2 under both
Windows and Linux.

I assume that the
#(define tweak-key "A")
needs to have it's on individual variable for each score so I've been going
through the alphabet using the letter "A" in the first score "B" for second
and so forth. Each with its corresponding

\includeScoreTweak "A" etc

This works fine and when I run the first time using:  lilypond -d
write-tweaks file.ly

This works producing the page-layout file but when I run it a second time
with just: lilypond file.ly

This is when I get the "Stack Overflow Error". Under Windows I can use this
correctly for 4 scores but more than that I get the error message.

Using Lilypond under Linux I can use it correctly for 6 scores again before
the error occurs.

Is there something I can do to stop the error from happening?

Regards,

Trent Johnston