LilyPond-book WinXP again...

From: Michal Vopalensky
Subject: LilyPond-book WinXP again...
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:30:49 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am using the LilyPond 2.8.1 on WinXP Home Edition. I have installed it running
the lilypond-2.8.1-4.mingw.exe file, downloaded from the LilyPond website. I
have not intalled anything more, like Cygwin, for instance. TeX was already
installed on my system. The program works well, but when I try to make a
"musicological" document, mixing LaTeX and LilyPond code, I'm always in trouble.
Applying the LilyPond-book on a *.lytex file (from the Windows prompt) results
in the same error as reported many times here, see for example

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-03/msg00435.html

Although this topic has been discussed before, I'm really despaired I have not
found any complex instructions on how to solve this problem. Is it enough to
reinstall Python? Where to get it? How to install and what to do next? Or is it
necessary to install Cygwin? Or is there some "patch" for LilyPond-book.py?
Excuse me, but I'm totally confused about that already...

I think, as this is apparently a common problem of WinXP users (although might
be beginners), it would be very useful to place some hints to the LilyPond page.

Would there be somebody to help me?