Re: Contexts (Was Re: Set vs. Override - I'm confused)

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Re: Contexts (Was Re: Set vs. Override - I'm confused)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:00:54 +0100

Hi,
I too find the context/grob property distinction not clear and I did not
find the online doc any help in getting through this barrier of
understanding. It is the one most powerful aspect of Lilypond, but the
one aspect which is treated the most meanly in the introductory docs.
Even user doing basic stuff need to get into settings and stuff when
changing default behaviour so I think it should be touched on earlier in
the documentation.

If the tutorial could be "beefed up" somewhat in this area, I think
there would be far fewer questions regarding how to find tweaks and
settings through the advanced doc, given that users would be armed with
this important information beforehand.

Wish I had the time to do it myself but sadly I do not :(
Good luck to whoever gets the job ;)

Regards,
Ralph

TRIBAL TECHNOLOGY IS A MEMBER OF THE TRIBAL GROUP plc www.tribalgroup.co.uk
Access, copying, dissemination or re-use of information in it by anyone else is
unauthorised. If you have received this message in error, please contact the
sender as soon as possible.

This message has been scanned for viruses by Viatel MailControl