Re: New User

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: New User
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:43:08 +0200

Am 2006-04-28 um 21:12 schrieb Stan Mulder:

Here's what I do, and I use Linux: I use a graphical program to input the general notation. Then I export that info to a Lilypond music file. Then I can tweak the music with a text editor until I get it they way I want it. The point is that a graphical front end program makes writing Lilypond code easier.

I don't agree, even if I'm a Mac user that likes nice GUIs. (But I'm also a programmer...)

Keying in notes like 'a4. bes8 g( e)' is *much* faster and easier than mousing them in some GUI app (I used HarmonyAssistant for some years).

It may be better if you've got a MIDI keyboard and can handle it good enough to just play your music, but if you must place every note with your mouse, it's horrible...

I sometimes use midi2ly, but it's mostly more work than writing everything from scratch (because MIDI knows no partials, repeats etc.).

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm