Re: Macro pre-processing?

From: David Feuer
Subject: Re: Macro pre-processing?
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:57:28 -0400

On 5/2/06, Rick Hansen (aka RickH) <address@hidden> wrote:

Macro pre-processors should generate source code, and stream it in, period.
Macros have nothing to do with compilation or scheme or c++ or anything else
in lilypond.

I much prefer the way Scheme handles macros.  It seems somewhat
unlikely, but I wonder if it would be possible to create a macro
system for LilyPond that makes a smooth transition into a macro system
for Scheme.  It would, I think, generally be cool if LilyPond meshed
better with Scheme.  I guess such things will be easier to explore
once music streams are finished.

David