Re: Macro pre-processing?

From: joe ferguson
Subject: Re: Macro pre-processing?
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 17:16:13 -0400

I have used M4 as a preprocessor, and it worked quite well. Then I found out the proper construct for what I wanted to do, so I dropped it on that little project. But I wouldn't hesitate to use it again if I got stuck like I was at that time. M4: http://www.gnu.org/software/m4/

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

LilyPond is powerful, and I'd like to see more of that power made
more easily accessible. I'm not asking for changes to the basic
syntax at all--anything I'd come up with would be a totally optional
pre-pass system.

Try m4.

   Werner