Repeats, coda information and lyrics that jump

From: Melanie Grouse
Subject: Repeats, coda information and lyrics that jump
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 21:27:15 +1000

I have been messing about with some music for about an hour, and I managed to put in a coda symbol, though I am unsure of how to drop in the "Last time to coda" text on the score.  I assume it is embedded in the code for the notes?  What command do I use?

Repeats - I can get a repeat sign, but when I do, it messes up my 6/8 time, and forces it back to common time, I know I must be doing something wrong, but despite a lot of fiddling around, and reading the tips on the web, I'm ready for a definite answer.  Does the volta command go into the {  }  with the notes, or outside them?

Lyrics - I decided to put my lyrics onto the score, and pencil in the repeats and coda information so my son could have his music, but when I typed them in, they skipped three bars of music, and won't align.  I have put lyrics in successfully in the past, and I don't think I am doing anything different, but it just won't put them under these three bars.  Most peculiar.

Mel