Re: convert-ly on windows without cygwin

From: Michal Vopalensky
Subject: Re: convert-ly on windows without cygwin
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:50:27 +0000 (UTC)

> I've installed lilypond v2.8 on windows xp. It is not a cygwin version. I
> must be stupid, but I cannot find how to run convert-ly in my case!?! I've
> read that a DOS prompt is not the right way, and a simple or double click on
> it does not allow me to inform it which file I want to convert.

Hi, I solved my problems with LilyPond under WinXP installing Python 2.4. I had
problems with lilypond-book actually, but I think the same could fix your
problem with convert-ly. One recommendation: Don't install anything that you
want to run from DOS prompt into \Program Files\. The space in the directory
name causes problems. I installed LilyPond as well as Python into the root
directory and becam e a happy user.

Hope this will help you,

Michal Vopalensky