Re: Breaking automatic beams

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Breaking automatic beams
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 20:26:33 -0700

On 5-May-06, at 2:26 PM, Jeff wrote:

One part of my composition looks like this, but the \nobeam function causes an error when the code is compiled. I want the {quarter note + eight note} triplet beam to be separated from the following {quarter note + quarter note + quarter note} triplet, BUT I still want a tie between the last eight note of the first triplet and the first eighth note of the second triplet. Is there a way to do
this without making these two triplets into a sextuplet?

Have you tried using manual beams?  [ ]

Cheers,
- Graham