Notes in parentheses, horizontal brackets, midi from TabStaff

From: Michal Vopalensky
Subject: Notes in parentheses, horizontal brackets, midi from TabStaff
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:44:00 +0000 (UTC)

Hi everybody,

I have two simple questions on the notation. Hope somebody can help me...

1/ Is it possible to place some noteheads into the parentheses?

2/ Anybody knows how to generate an angle bracket (^) upon two notes (or stems
of these notes actually), splended from the first one to the second? There is
described how to make square brackets of this kind in the part of the manual
dedicated to the educational use. But I would need the angle brackets instead.

Third question is that when I compile a source for tablature, there is empty
midi output. When I just change the TabStaff to Staff, there is normal midi
output again, but of course I don't have the tablature as a printed result.
This is not a big problem, but maybe it'd be a bug (?).

Thank you all in advance,

Michal