Re: Using Scheme

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Using Scheme
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 02:23:24 -0700

Trent Johnston wrote:
Thanks for your help Paul, but I was actually looking at Beam settings

a way to simplify \once \override Beam #'positions = #'( number . number )
I understood that.
I used the padText as an example but couldn't get it to work with the above
example...
I didn't have a quick application like yours to test since haven't used beam settings but I was just trying to help you understand how variables work so you could create your 'posBeam' (or whatever you want to call it) definition from the padText example.

A quick attempt (completely untested) would be

    posBeam = #(define-music-function (parser location num1 num2) (number?
number?)
    #{
      \once \override Beam #'position = #'( $num1 . $num2 )
    #})

Without testing I don't know whether you would apply it as:

\posBeam #3 #2
or
\posBeam ( #3 . #2 )
or something different.