Two questions: slashes and rhythmic cues

From: Stan Mulder
Subject: Two questions: slashes and rhythmic cues
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:55:08 -0400

I've read the archives and see people discussing this but not sure anything was decided. I'm writing a jazz lead sheet and need slashes with chords over them. It's the slashes that I'm having a problem with. I found that I could use the following:

\override NoteHead #'style = #'slash
\override Stem #'transparent = ##t
g4 g g g
g g g g

But when the parts are transposed the slashes move all over the place for the Bb and Eb instruments. Is there are way to keep the slash exactly on a certain note and ignore the transposition? Also, that symbol should not be a playable one. Is there a way to differentiate it from a repeat slash marking so as to not have it play in the midi output?

The second question regards rhythmic cues, smallish notes that would appear in or above the staff indicating rhythmic "hits" or "kicks", but again this would only indicate rhythm and not be a playable note in midi output. It should also not be transposable.

Stan