Re: newbie part extraction on same page

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: newbie part extraction on same page
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:55:32 +0200

If you want two separate scores printed below eachother, just include two
\score{...} blocks in your input file. If they fit on the same page, LilyPond
will print them on the same page.

  /Mats

Rick Hansen (aka RickH) wrote:

How can I extract 2 parts to print independently on the same page?  Lets say
I have a 12 measure duet.  I want to print the entire first part on the left
(or top) half of the page, and the entire second part on the right (or
bottom) half of the page, as 2 separate systems beginning to end.  I could
not find any examples of this.  Does it involve using the \book container
which I have no experience with?  (There are also times I want the parts
printed as a single system but thats working already, now using the same
data variables, I want to do a same-page part extract.)

If someone can just steer me in the right direction I'm sure I can figure it
out,

Thanks

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing