Re: MIDI2ly problem

From: Reinhard
Subject: Re: MIDI2ly problem
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 19:44:04 +0200

Eyolf Ostrem wrote:
> On Sat 20 May 2006 16:33, Ben wrote:
>
>> Mats-
>> I realize that only notes are listed in the midi file, but since the midi
>> was produced by Finale Print Music, I think the durations will be
>> fine.
>>

> I've had good experiences with going through NoteEdit. Then you can easily
> import the midi file, make some changes based on the visual appearance, such
> as automatically adding bar lines (or just not do any changes at all, which
> may be more convenient in practice), and then export to lilypond - takes
> about 15 seconds altogether, if there isn't much clean-up to do.
>
> Eyolf

And not to forget with the NoteEdit 2.8.1 version (RC on it's way to be
released
tomorrow) you can even print it directly or preview it and print it directly
from your preview program if you don't want to tweak it. (Isn't it confusing
to have NoteEdit and Lilypond at the same version Level? ;-)

Best,

Reinhard Katzmann

--
Software-Engineer, Developer of User Interfaces
Project: Canorus - the next generation music score editor -