beatLength - bug in 2.8.2?

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: beatLength - bug in 2.8.2?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 21:04:15 +0200

Hi,

what's the matter with beatLength in 2.8.2?

Trying to update the 13. Chopin Study on mutopia (which was still
typeset with 2.2.6) I found, that the setting for beatLength to quarters
in "\times 2/3" does no longer work.

I've tried to reproduce and demonstrate it with a very short example
containing four lines:

  1. The first line shows with manual beam setting, what I want to get.
  2. The second line shows the problem I have.
  3. The third line shows the correct behaviour without "\times 2/3".
  4. The fourth line shows, that the problem wouldn't exist, if I would have
     to use beatLength for eight's.

This all works the same with 2.8.1, and it doesn't matter, if the line
for setting the beatLength is within the times brackets or not, and
further it doesn't matter if I outcomment the setting of the beatLength
to quarters, because this seems to be the default setting.

As far as I can remember, this did work correct with 2.6.x.

  \version "2.8.2"
  \include "deutsch.ly"
  %\include "/home/roland/2.8-lily/eigen-kuerzel.ly"

  \layout { ragged-right = ##t }

  \relative c' {
    \set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
    \times 2/3 {
      \repeat unfold 4 { f16 [ g a b a g ] }
    }
    f1
  }

  \relative c' {
    \set Voice.beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
    \times 2/3 {
      \repeat unfold 4 { f16 g a b a g }
    }
    f1
  }

  \relative c' {
    \set Voice.beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
      \repeat unfold 4 { f16 g a b }
    f1
  }

  \relative c' {
    \set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
    \set Score.beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
    \times 2/3 {
      \repeat unfold 4 { f16 g a b a g }
    }
    f1
  }

If this is no bug, then please could someone give me a hint, what I've
not seen yet?

Thanks and Best Regards           Roland