Re: Changing where lyrics are layout on sheet

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Re: Changing where lyrics are layout on sheet
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 16:24:46 -0500

On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 22:59 +0200, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> Stephen Torri wrote:
>

> >One of my issues now is how to make the number of measures per line the
> >same. I tried to use the \break and \pageBreak but the layout went
> >crazy. Lilypond created pages larger than standard Letter size and
> >attempts at change line-width and paper-heigh was met with interesting
> >results (e.g. partial measure printed on the bottom of the page).
> >

> What version of LilyPond do you use (please always tell
> when asking questions)? I tried your example here with
> version 2.8.3 and couldn't notice anything strange with
> the layout. The default page size is A4 and I couldn't see
> that you had tried to change that to letter size in your
> files.

Sorry. I am using 2.6.5.

I did not know the default was A4. I will change that.

I will upgrade to 2.8.3.

> >Another is that the PDFs produced have the character 'm' for all the
> >chord names when printed.
> >
> What do you mean?

Here is a link to the file I told acrobat reader to print the
master.pdf. You will see that when I printed it to the file I get the
'm' characters I am talking about here.

http://www.torri.org/master.ps