Re: Looking for mup2ly in the 2.9.4 Windows distribution

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Looking for mup2ly in the 2.9.4 Windows distribution
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 21:03:35 +0200

It seems that mup2ly was silently removed from the LilyPond distribution
somewhere before the release of version 2.8. Probably, since it hadn't
been maintained for a long time and nobody seemed to use it. You could try to download an older version of LilyPond, like 2.6, and just copy the program from there. Then, you could use convert-ly
to update the output to version 2.8 or whatever you want to use.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work very well.

Note also that versions with an odd second number, like 2.9.x, are development versions. For any serious typesetting work, I would recommend the latest stable version 2.8.x.

  /Mats

Quoting Charles Cave <address@hidden>:

I downloaded and installed the 2.9.4 Lilypond distribution for
Windows (my PC is running WIndows XP Professional Service Pack 2)
and everything is working fine.

Until now I have used MUP for typesetting but decided to learn
Lilypond.

I looked for the mup2ly script in the bin directory but
couldnt see it.  The midi2ly.py and musicxml.py scripts
are there, but not mup2ly.py.

Where can I find this script ?

Thanks
Charles