Re: German Text Characters

From: zrlaszlo
Subject: Re: German Text Characters
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 01:27:57 -0700 (PDT)

Unfortunately, you have not told us, what OS and Lilypond version you are
using (Linux or Windows). Anyway, the solution below should work. Just make
sure you have German keyboard support installed on your system. Since
lilypond 2.6 (I think) UTF-8 input is supported. There is no need to use
special markup commands. So, here's what to do:

1. Enter the desired text in a editor (notepad, kedit on linux - jEdit is
the best for me), and save it with UTF-8 encoding.
2. lilypond your score and voila!

I have been typesetting al kinds of choral works so far in hungarian, using
special charactersm like oumlaut, uhungarumlaut, etc. and it works. I use
WinXP and Lilypond 2.8.1