polymetric music - barlines in wrong places

From: Michael Meixner
Subject: polymetric music - barlines in wrong places
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 06:48:13 +0000 (UTC)

Hello fellow lilyponders,

while trying to set a polymetric piece (Dufay) I ran into a problem.
Please try the following snippet - I get barlines after the whole note,
and after ONE quarter, and then
the counting seems to be ok for the rest
(as if I had written \time 4/4 c1 \time 1/4 c4 \time 4/4 c c c ...)
What am I overlooking?

% ========

\version "2.9.5"

\layout { ragged-right=##t }