Mixed questions

From: Matthijs Frankena
Subject: Mixed questions
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:21:47 +0200

Hello,

After a long pause (stopped at 2.4) I have taken up Lilypond again. Great improvements in the meantime, and I certainly like what I see as results. However, several things still have me stumped, even after searching through the manual and the userlist. I refer to the attached .zip, containing the .ly-file and the resulting log and PDF (parts of a song that I try to copy to get some practice in setting seemingly easy music).
Configuration: Windows XP/SP2, Lilypond 2.8.1

- I want the text in header:composer and header:poet to be center-aligned. However, the text then seems to be centered along what ordinarily would be the left margin, and winds up too far to the left. Is there a way to move these texts to the right? - I would like one bar to end with "||", and the following one to begin with "|:" (bar 12/13) like in the original. But... one seems to cancel out the other (explicitly setting "||" cancels the "|:" from the repeat). Any tweaks to accomplish what I desire? - In the second alternative of the repeat, the first bar in the right hand (bar 17) should start with the end of a slur (that started in bar 14). There does not seem to be a way to end this slur (and Lilypond complains about it in the logfile), like there is for ties (\repeatSlur like \repeatTie). Or did I miss something?

I would greatly appreciate pointers to solutions, sections of the manual that I have missed, or threads in the discussions that offer the solutions I look for.

TIA,
Matthijs Frankena