Re: Fingering Type Size

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: Fingering Type Size
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:38:48 -0400

Hi, Carrick:

Using version 2.8 on the Macintosh, I have been trying to make
the fingering numbers (for cello) a bit bigger to suit my aging eyes.

I put in:
   \override Fingering #'font-size = #2

This made the fingering numbers about four times bigger.

If you look in the docs under the Fingering layout object, it says:

font-size (number):
-5
The font size, compared the `normal' size. 0 is style-sheet's normal size, -1 is smaller, +1 is bigger. Each step of 1 is approximately 12% larger, 6 steps are exactly a factor 2 larger. Fractional values are allowed.

where the -5 represents the default. Therefore, you want to choose a number between the default of -5 (which is too small) and the style- sheet's "normal size" of 0 (which is too big). Start with -2 and see how that works for you.

Best wishes,
Kieren.