Re: More Figured Bass Improvements... (potential sponsorship)

From: Michael Meixner
Subject: Re: More Figured Bass Improvements... (potential sponsorship)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:42:53 +0000 (UTC)

Trent Johnston <reef_tj <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi Han-Wen and Lilyponders,
>
> I am looking at the potential to sponsor more changes to the figured bass

I second this and would gladly participate in sponsoring this.

> I've included an example image.. taken from the Neue Ausgabe sämtlicher
> Werke: Bärenreiter illustrating this.
>
> Also I was looking at making the numbers 10 / 11 / 12  as one symbol. This
> would make the numbers as in:

Moreover I would propose to create some additional "strike through"
symbols - the slash we see now doesn't work ideally with all numbers
re. visibility (esp. the 6 is an less than ideal case in my opinion).
Typically these would be numbers with elongated elements slashed -
I could supply examples, if wished.

Trent, count me in with this sponsoring project.

Michael
(in Vienna)