artificial harmonic function

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: artificial harmonic function
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:30:32 -0400

[ Lilypond 2.9.5 ]

Hello, all --

Has anyone built their own artificial (string) harmonic function?

Specifically, I'm thinking something like

  \ah { c4 f c'' }

to get the c (stopped note) in the given duration, the f (touched node) as a diamond-shaped note in the same chord (i.e., sharing stems, flags, etc.), and a small parenthesized quarter note head (no stem or flag, regardless of the value of the stopped note) at the sounding pitch (here, c two octaves above the stopped pitch).

I suppose I can dig in and build my own, but it seems like this wheel must have already been invented! =)

Thanks,
Kieren.