Re: Mixed questions

From: Matthijs Frankena
Subject: Re: Mixed questions
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:30:30 +0200

At 19:00 26-5-2006, Stephen wrote:
The double bar-line followed by a repeat bar-line is significant for many. Every 32-bar song form of the Twentieth Century needs a double bar-line after the 4-bar intro and/or a double bar-line after the 16-bar verse, followed by a 32-bar chorus with repeats and an alternative. The slur on the repeat alternative is similiarly required for every poplular song. Someone must have solved this already. I have to say that this new example is nicely simplified.

Stephen

Well, yes, take any Nat King Cole/Cole Porter/Frank Sinatra/Gershwin etc. songbook, and you'll find abundant examples of that principle. As these songs are not yet to be found at Mutopia (for obvious reasons), there is a dearth of Lilypond-coded examples. I will be very grateful for any pointers.

Matthijs