RE: dotted phrasing slurs

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: RE: dotted phrasing slurs
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 07:18:09 +1000

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 09:32 -0400, Monk Panteleimon wrote:
>  I think this would work for dotted phrasing-slurs if I knew what to put in
> the blanks:
> \once \override Slur #'(name of property) = #(name of variable)
> That has worked with #'thickness on phrasing slur.
> So can anyone fill in the blanks?

There are two ways you can find this out (btw you want PhrasingSlur
instead of Slur). If you go to the top documentation page, then
-> Program Reference
-> Backend
-> All layout objects (this is a very useful page, you can look up all
your overrides from here)
-> PhrasingSlur
At the bottom of the page is a list of all the interfaces supported by
PhrasingSlur. In this case, the properties (you need 2 of them) you are
looking for are in slur-interface, so click on that link.

Then look in the list of User-settable properties.

The other way to find this out is to work out what slurDotted is defined
to be. The definition is in ly/property-init.ly in your lilypond
installation directory. You can then use the same definition, but with