Re: dotted phrasing slurs

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: dotted phrasing slurs
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 13:05:39 +0200

There are no predefined macros to make dotted phrasing slurs. However,
you can read at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Default-files.html
on how to find the definition of the \slurDotted macro (which is included
in the file property-init.ly). Then, you can easily make your own macro that
gives dotted phrasing slurs, just replace every occurance of "Slur" by
"PhrasingSlur".

  /Mats

Monk Panteleimon wrote:

Dear friends,

How can I make a dotted phrasing slur? I have tried \phrasingSlurDotted and
also several wild guesses beginning with \once \override Slur...
Using \slurDotted before a phrasing slur makes the next non-phrasing slur to
be dotted. I looked in the user archive, but encountered only opacity.

Also, is it possible to have dotted slurs between lyrics (in order to
persuade people not to breath between specific words)?

Many thanks
Fr. P

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing