Re: including eps file

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: including eps file
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 11:52:38 +0200

Quoting Orm Finnendahl <address@hidden>:

Am 30. Mai 2006, 02:45 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
Are you sure that this
is a bonafide EPS file?

I'm not sure as the file got generated by a selfmade lisp program, but
it gets opened and displayed by ghostview, Illustrator, Finale and
gimp without errors or warnings and convert doesn't complain
either. The postscript code is fairly straightforward, but I'm by no
means a postscript expert.

One thing I noticed is that you set the bounding box to include lots of whitespace, which probably explains why it fills the whole page
and shifts the music off the page.

If in doubt, try with a normal EPS (eg. a PNG converted to EPS with
convert or similar.)

I did that just to be sure. Now lilypond gives the following error:

----------------
Compilation started at Tue May 30 10:01:58

lilypond -f pdf /home/orm/work/kompositionen/violine/lilypond/k_g01.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.8.0
Processing `/home/orm/work/kompositionen/violine/lilypond/k_g01.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [1]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Calculating line breaks... [2]
Interpreting music...
MIDI output to `k_g01.midi'...
Track...
Calculating page breaks...
Layout output to `k_g01.ps'...
Converting to `k_g01.pdf'...
`gs -q -dSAFER -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -sPAPERSIZE="a3" -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile="k_g01.pdf" -c .setpdfwrite -f "k_g01.ps"' failed (256)
error: failed files: "/home/orm/work/kompositionen/violine/lilypond/k_g01.ly"

Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Tue May 30 10:02:01
---------------------------

It seems that you used an EPS file that caused even larger problems, since ghostscript failed.

X = 0 ,  Y = 1

Thanks. That means, if aligned along the horizontal axis (parallel to
the staff system), the syntax should be:

\epsfile #0 #5 #"part01.eps"

right?

You can actually say

\epsfile #X ...