Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 42, Issue 80

From: James Wilkinson
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 42, Issue 80
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:55:49 -0400

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:46:56 -0400
From: James Wilkinson <address@hidden>
Subject: subdivided beams partially successful

I'm working on a piece that has a long run of triplet 16th notes. In
the original they are printed in groups of six which are subdivided
into subgroups of three.  I.e. the top beam covers six stems, and
there are two bottom beams, one for the first three notes and one for
the second three notes. In trying to duplicate that with version
2.7.37 of  LilyPond I did this

\set subdivideBeams = ##t
\set Score.beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)

What I got was eight separate groups of three, which is exactly what
I would expect (and got) from taking out the "subdivideBeams" and
leaving the rest.

Interestingly, if I change the make-moment to 1 4, I get what I
expect both times: subdivideBeams gives me groups of 12 in two
subgroups of six, and without that I get plain groups of 12.

Message: 10