Re: #(make-dynamic-script)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: #(make-dynamic-script)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 00:03:57 -0700

On 31-May-06, at 4:01 AM, Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:

subPTrans = #(make-dynamic-script (markup #:hspace 0 #:translate (cons 4 0) #:line(#:normal-text #:italic "sub." #:hspace -0.3 #:dynamic "p" )))

However, I find that the extra padding is irritating -- for example, with a leading hairpin:
The non-padded manually-realigned version (i.e., the last one) is the most satisfying to my eye. Since nobody (hint hint!) has gotten back to me on how to align the dynamic text within the Scheme construct *without* adding all that padding, this is the best I can do for you right now...

Hey, weren't you asking for suggestions for hacking lilypond?  ;)

Seriously, I don't know how to do this, but a set of tips on how to produce easily-used and beautiful "sub p" / "f espr" / etc signs would be of great value to many people (including me). Please consider figuring this out, and if necessary adding patches to lilypond to enable this.

Cheers,
- Graham