Re: single quotes in docs (esp. functions, variables, etc.)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: single quotes in docs (esp. functions, variables, etc.)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:39:34 -0400

Hi, Sven:

are there any particular places in the documentation where
code samples still use the wrong single quotes?

Curly quotes are all over Chapter 11 ("Interfaces for Programmers"), e.g. pg. 245.

Don't know for certain that they cause a problem in that context, but
a. I was (am) having difficulty defining a function, and remembered that curly single quotes have caused me problems in the past (in other situations); and,
    b. The docs should be consistent.

Thanks,
Kieren.