Re: Recent user trying to find out how to "mix music and text".

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Recent user trying to find out how to "mix music and text".
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 01:56:56 -0700

On 3-Jun-06, at 1:51 AM, Roderick Camelia wrote:

   I'm a recent user of Lilypond and currently writing a music theory book for popular music. I've downloaded the Lilypond system since I'm needing a way to print musical examples among the text.    I've gotten as far as being able to make the notes appear in the PDF format. Now I need to find out if it's possible to copy the examples from my Adobe Reader 7.0 to my Openoffice.org 2.o Writer where I'm writing the text. (This text processor is compatible with MicroSoft Word.).    On the Lilypond website there is advertised "MIX MUSIC AND TEXT" and it says further: " with the lily-pond utility you can integrate music into LaTeX or HTML seamlessly".    Can anyone explain to me how to achieve all of this? Thanks in advance.

This is explained in Chapter 13 lilypond-book: Integrating text and music. There you will find that the integration is done with LaTeX, texinfo, and html. If you are definitely using OpenOffice.org, you can probable insert pdf images into your document. For more info, you'll have to consult somebody more familiar with OOo (possibly on this mailist).

Cheers,
- Graham