Re: printed measure marker numbers

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: printed measure marker numbers
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 01:59:27 -0700

On 2-Jun-06, at 9:23 PM, Mark Dewey wrote:

How might one set the first measure of a score to something aside from 1 (and
have others count from that specified number)?

You read the documentation.  Might I recommend 8.2.4 Bar numbers?
I recently added a workaround for bar numbers not occurring on the first bar (if you want those). You may wish to consult the docs for lilypond 2.9.7, instead of for lilypond 2.8.

Actually, I've been wondering how to tweak these for a while. How might one
turn them off altogether?  How might one print them on every measure?

8.2.4 again; there's some info in 8.2.3 as well.

Cheers,
- Graham