Cosponsor for spacing sections: EUR 25?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Cosponsor for spacing sections: EUR 25?
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 12:03:00 -0500

Hello everyone,

"Spacing sections" in Lily would be really cool. Section 10.5.6 "Horizontal spacing" in the manual comments at the bottom of the page that spacing is currently determined on a scorewide basis. This means that pieces that change character for some bars in the middle have to use a compromise spacing that may not ideally reflect the character of different sections of the score. I'm finding this to particularly be the case in the larger orchestral scores.

Spacing sections will let us set spacing on a local basis over any number of measures in a score.

Han-Wen estimates EUR 90 for spacing sections; Vivian Barty-Taylor and I have a total of EUR 65 so far. Would anyone be interested in adding the additional EUR 25?

(Sponsoring is easy: if you haven't done it before, all you need is a paypal account.)

--
Trevor Bača