long glissando with rhythm question

From: Joshua Parmenter
Subject: long glissando with rhythm question
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:11:44 -0700

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create glissandos that take place over longer periods of time where rhythmic events take place during the glissando. After a bit of hacking around, I figured out how to do with by laying two streams of events over each other, hiding note heads and other trickery to get it to appear in a way that I wanted it to... my question is, can anyone thing of a way to do this with only one stream (basically, I would like to get rid of the \guitartwo code and have all this done in \guitarmain.

Thanks for any suggestions.

josh

% LilyPond score file
% FOMUS v0.1.67

\version "2.8"

\layout {
\context { \Staff \override DynamicLineSpanner #'staff-padding = #3
\remove "Time_signature_engraver"
}
\context { \Score \override SpacingSpanner #'uniform-stretching = ##t
        proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 64)
        \override PaperColumn #'used = ##t }
}

noLBeam = {\set Staff.stemLeftBeamCount = 0
        \set Staff.stemRightBeamCount = 1}
oneLBeam = {\set Staff.stemLeftBeamCount = 1
        \set Staff.stemRightBeamCount = 1}

rhyOnly = {
        \override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t
        \override NoteHead #'no-ledgers = ##t
        }

guitarmain = {
        \new Voice
        << {\time 6/4 \oneVoice s2  d'8[ \glissando s2 e'8]} >>
        }

guitartwo = {
        \new Voice
<< {\time 6/4 \oneVoice s2 \rhyOnly d'8[ \oneLBeam d' e'16 e'4 e'16 e'16] } >>
        }

\header {
  composer = "Joshua Parmenter"
}

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \guitarmain
        \guitartwo

Joshua Parmenter
address@hidden
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Center for Digital Arts and Experimental Media
Raitt Hall - University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195

http://www.dxarts.washington.edu
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/